I know I have been rather lax about posting, but there have been a few reasons. The first is that I have been working on a post for the last week, but can't quite figure out how to say all I want to say without really hurting someone. Ironically, I wouldn't be hurting the person I would need to say bad stuff about, but another person, so I scratched that post. I've also been hurt. My itb's acted up again, and when I tried to run to run a friend in for the last half a mile or so of his 100 mile race and an hour or so later I couldn't walk AGAIN.
So, the next week was spent with my physical therapist, orthopedist, the bike shop and with a new doctor. I switched from running and biking to underwater running, yoga, swimming, personal training and a tiny bit of cycling. It has made me cranky. It is hard to work through, it sucks.
I had to pull out of the NYC Triathlon, which might have been a blessing in disguise because there was a raw sewage leak from the 138th Street Riverbank sewage plant, which led to a bunch of warnings that people should stay out of the Hudson. Then there was a ton of rain this week, which brings up more of the sewage...so needless to say not doing the triathlon might be a blessing in disguise.
But the good news is I ran about 2 miles today at a pace faster than my normal pace and now I am pain free. It looks like something the new doctor did to change my biomechanics is working :).
That's it for now.
Oh, I also went to the beach today and got a very stern reminder of why I don't spend the day at the beach. Don't get me wrong I LOVE water, I love sun, but the always spend too much time in the water and even waterproof sunscreen doesn't stay on my skin. To quote my friend tonight "I didn't know it was possible for a person to get that red!" Here's hoping it just stays red and doesn't get painful, but quite frankly I doubt it.. .
No comments:
Post a Comment