Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Um so I've been terrible about posting!

So I have been super busy, work, fall season, winter season and the occassional social event has been taking up all my time.

This Sunday I did the 18 MILE tune-up in Central Park. That is 3 loops of Central Park, 3 Harlem Hills, 3 Cat Hills, 3 west sides, oh and those three half mile flat sections in the park. :) It was a killer. I was super lucky though. I started the race with my friend Kristin, and when she got in front of me, I saw Barb, who walked with me (faster than I run) for a good snipet, then met up with my friend Jeff, who hung out with me until he was kicking my butt, then I ran into Bo (who was awesome enough to come out and run 8-9 miles with me) and then Mike and Aleks joined Bo and I and continued with me to the finish. I have the best training buddies, friends, coaches and teammates around. So awesome to have all those people to distract me while I ran and ran and ran. Rumor has it that those 18 miles are harder than the marathon itself. Not sure if I believe that, but I do hope it is true.

As a little break from training I am taking part in Light the Night on october 1st (with the family) and October 14 (with TNT). Both events are a 2-3 mile walk to raise awareness and money for LLS. My uncle Paul is running the CT event!! How awesome is that. Aliza and her new little sister will be there too! My mom, dad and hopefully my Aunt Susan and cousin Sarah will be participating as well. I am not sure there have been that many Harinstein's in a small space in a long time :) The NY walk is over the Brooklyn Bridge, at sunset (yes awesome!) and Tiny Fey is the spokesperson, so who knows, she lives in NY, she may just show up!.
If anyone is interested in joining let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment