Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oops I fell off the wagon...

So many things have happened since the last time I posted. I had a little ankle issues, which you guys know about if you spend time with me regularly. ]

FIRST BIG NEWS TODAY: Aliza, my inspiration to do all this running...turned THREE today. What a great celebration, particularly becuase she gets to share her third birthday with her baby sister's three week birthday! Jason recently informed me she is getting her porto cath out on September 15th and is starting pre school very shortly.

AS TO MY TRAINING: I've have a number of hill workouts, swims, a few long runs (up to 15 miles now). But the most important new thing to report is that I agreed to be a mentor for Winter Season TNT. I am going to mentor the Disney Marathon and am back and forth about whether I want to run Phoenix or Disney (probably just a half, becuase another full would be THREE full marathons in just over sevens months, and well, that is a heck of a lock of marathoning!) As a mentor, I get assigned a group of participants and help them through the logistics of fundraising and training. Mentors are different than coaches in that I am not teaching them HOW TO RUN, but I am doing the other logistical stuff like making sure they are talking to coaches about their injuries or training problems and helping them come up with good ideas for fundraising!

FUNRAISING: Yes, I have started that again. I shot emails out to a lot of people that expressed interest in giving but never got around to it last cycle, plus someone my computer decided to send to OTHER people as well, but I am sure they will understand. So far we are seeing some great support from family in friends, both in donations and supportive emails!
I am going to hold a "Holy &^#$ I just ran my second marathon and survived!!" party on November 7th after the marathon to help fundraise, and if any of you guys out there have any donations as for as raffle prizes or anything, that would be AWESOME!! Please let me know.

I have to get to a total of $1750 for New York, and about $250 shy of that and then another $2155 for Disney/Phoenix, but it is doable I think. I just need to be creative!!

No comments:

Post a Comment