So today I was sort of lazy. I slept in and justified it becuase I was feeling some strange pain in my outside calf. I iced, stretched and then went out for a bike ride. I meant to ride about 10 miles, but due to the gorgeous day it turned in 25 miles, all of which were nail biting because I almost took out a good number of tourists and idiot in Central Park. Some pieces of advice to any of you visitng Central Park sometime soon...(1) If every other cyclist you see is riding counterclockwise...it might a good idea to do the same; (2) if you can't manage your child, it might not be the best idea to let him loose on West Drive where bikers are going 15-20 miles and hour; (3) DON'T STOP in the middle of the road in Central Park; (4)if you don't speak English, chances are if someone is screaming at you, you should get out of the way.
I really tried to be patient, and to be honest, the lower loop and Harlem Hill was no problem, it was just the mid 72nd to 102nd portion that was dangerous to be on.
Anyway I did my ride, was supposed to meet some people in Sheep's Meadow, that didn't work out so I went home on the ferry....and maybe took some time off...watched some tv, stretched and did soem laundry, and then got a three mile run in.
When I came home my leg started hurting more. I think it is just some mild perenoel tendonitis caused by a strange foot position due to those socks yesterday....figners crossed that I am right. I am taking it easy, skipped boot camp this morning and in lieu of yoga will have dinner with my dad tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment