Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tuesday Night GTS and the Secret Hill

Tonight we did hill repeats near the W 72nd Street Entramce. But after years of running in the park I learned that there was actually a road doing north and coming out on West Drive near 74th Street. How funny! It is one way and sort of hidden, but I have passed it at least twice a week for the last 7 months and never realized it was there. That is what I love about Central Park, no matter how much time I spend in it, I am always discovering new things!

The Mission Moment Tonight was a really terrific one. One of the women who is not only an honored teammate, but a participant in tons of Team in Training Events told us about her fight with Leukemia and three time relapse and how being part of the endurance team helped her fight as her fight got harder and harder, not only what she learned about enduring, but through the friends she made the support she recievd. How AMAZING! It's nice to be reminded why we run, especially before those grueling hill workouts! It definitely gave me goosebumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment