Monday, August 2, 2010

Lots of early mornings!

So this weekend started out with a nice 8 mile run in the park on Saturday followed by my very first Sprint Triathon on Saturday. For those that don't know a Sprint Triathon is a "not quite as long as a normal triathlon" Triathlon. They vary in distances, but this particular one was a 400 meter swim, 13 miles bike ride and 5K run. It was quite an experience.
First, the swim was not a normal one as it was in a pool in single file, with participants starting every ten seconds. I was standing around waiting to start for about an hour, but the swim went relatively well. Next was the 13 mile bikeride, which would not have been complete without a flat tire. Then the run, which may have been my worst 5K ever. My legs (particularly my it bands) did not transition from the bike to the run very well. I have to work on that. But overall it was super fun and I will completely do another one...in fact I am comtemplating one next weekend. (Just working out the logistics).

Then this morning I did Jaz's bootcamp at 6:15. The problem is apparenlty no one from Hoboken actually needs to get into teh city that early. My building shuttled doesn't start running until 6:00, nor do the buses, so I had to walk the mile to the path (someone suggested taking a cab, which I didn't think of at the time, might have to do that on Thursday). The class was awesome. I am expecting to be REALLy sore tomorrow. I am really hoping the class does something for my abs and upper body, which have really been suffering lately. Jaz is AWESOME, a great motivator. So happy Katy Sorkin talked me into taking the class :).

No comments:

Post a Comment