Friday, July 30, 2010

FINALLY!!

Last night I managed to get in a 10/3 brick, which is probably a good thing becuase I am doing the NYRR Sprint Triathlon this weekend. Unfortunately I had to do it on River Road so there was a lot of slow going and stopping. I almost got killed by a bus that was going way to fast, but other than that the ride went well. The tire held up, which to tell you the truth I was a little nervous about. Now the run is the interesting part. I had an AWESOME run, my first sub 30 5K in AGES. I used to pump them out all the time but since my platnars fascia issues I haven't seen one in a while. The irony of it all is I have been training by run/walking, not running, as a means to allow my body to recoup from the knee ordeal. Well yesterday I just felt good so I ran the whole thing and I guess the run/walk is REALLY helping becuase i dropped a minute and thirty seconds off my recent average time.

Now we just need to add that swim for Sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment