I just got scolded for not posing my weekend activities. On Friday afternoon I decided I was going to run the Queens Half Marathon. It was 88 degrees and 65% humidity when I left my apartment at 4:45 in the morning. I drove into Manhattan, picked up Kat and Jon and we headed over. Jon was awesome, he followed Kat around on his bike all day. Based on the heat and my training schedule I planned to treat the half like a 9 mile easy training run with a four mile stroll at the end. The plan worked out perfectly, no overheating issues and and I felt great at the end. It was nice to have the water stops set up, I must have gone through four refills of my water bottle during those nine miles. I heard a lot of people had trouble during our regular training runs.
The next day is the more interesting part of my training. I went out for what was supposed to be a 10/3 brick around my parent's house in CT. I was almost done with the bike ride portion and was turning down Evelyn Street (for those of you from Trumbull), was on my way down the hill and all of a sudden a deer came out of the trees. I had no chance of stopping because of the hill so I started trying to steer around him. When I went left, he went left and so on. I ended up literally grazing him as I went by and then he turned and started running with me. Needless to say I was COMPLETELY freaked out. I've seen what those guys do to cars and I am much smaller than a car. I went home and couldn't run I was so shaken up!
So that was my weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment